A clinically tested effective program to reduce pain and the emotional distress chronic pain can cause.
This empowering workbook explores the causes and treatment of pain and provides targeted exercises and numerous resources to radically change the way you feel–both physically and emotionally. In this updated Fourth Edition, top pain specialist Margaret A. Caudill, M.D. incorporates important advances in pain management and mind–body medicine as well as a “Quick Skill” section in each chapter containing simple exercises.
Whether read on your own or with your therapist, you will learn to:
- Identify what increases and decreases your symptoms.
- Reduce your pain and emotional distress.
- Make informed decisions about medications and nutritional therapies.
- Benefit from relaxation (including audio downloads), meditation, and gentle exercise.
- Communicate effectively about your pain.
- Learn essential skills for coping and problem solving.
- Use worksheets to help set and meet doable personal goals.